Permit Technicians, Inspectors & Reviewers – Improving Communication, Developing Partnerships, Improving Efficiency, Contractor Relations | Maryland Heights | October 6th, 2022
WHEN: October 6th, 2022 Registration: 8:00am Class: 8:30am -3:30pm
WHERE: Maryland Heights Community Center 2300 McKelvey Road, Maryland Heights, MO, 63043
COST: Seminar Fee single day: MABOI Members: $85
- Includes: breakfast, seminar, and lunch
- Pre-registration is required
- Seating limited to 60 people
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: (per day)
- Permit Technicians (CEU’s—.6)
- Building Inspectors (CEU’s—.6)
- Plans Examiners (CEU’s—.6)
- Code Officials (CEU’s—.6)
- Architects (CEU’s –6.0 AIA HSW)
Description: This is a two-session 1/2 day presentation, morning and afternoon.
Improving the Communication and Developing Partnership Between all Parties
This course has been developed specifically for efficiency within departments involved with Building Safety environments from permit technicians, building inspectors, and plans examiners as they interact with the public. This course will focus on the detailed requirements of completing building inspections, customer service, record keeping, effective field procedures, and the effects of both verbal and non-verbal communication. Topics will include communication, problem-solving options, and ethical standards while honing the skills necessary for building compliance with the International Residential Building Code.
- Purpose and administration of the code
- Office operations, scheduling, and record-keeping
- Effective field inspection procedures
- Written versus verbal orders
- Verbal and non-verbal skills
|The Partnership: The Contractor and the Building Department|
This course will offer basic principles intended to help both the contractor and the building department staff do their jobs in an efficient and productive manner. The course topics will include communication, problem-solving options, and ethical standards while honing the skills necessary for building in compliance with the International Residential Building Code. This class has been designed to be of specific interest to residential builders, contractors, and the building department.