Job Opportunity – CDBG Code Enforcement Officer | St. Charles City, MO
Job Title CDBG Code Enforcement Officer
Department Community Development
Posting Date February 13, 2019
Closing Date for Resumes/Applications February 22, 2019
Salary Range $49,172.76 – $68,841.86
Benefits Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance; FSA; Retirement Benefits; Paid Vacation; Paid Holidays; Employee Assistance Programs and Educational Benefits.
Status Full Time
The City of Saint Charles Community Development Department is currently recruiting for the position of
CDBG Code Enforcement Officer. The purpose of this position is to inspect
Work performed on CDBG eligible properties
- Perform rental inspections and building inspections on new structures and existing structures for ADA requirements, zoning codes, ICC property maintenance codes, ICC building codes, and city ordinances.
- Inform and advise the general public, contractors, property owners, architects, engineers, developers and others regarding inspection activities, rental requirements, violation correction procedures, building standards, codes and zoning matters.
- Verify and document code violations.
- Notify builders, contractors, home owners, and tenants of code violations.
- Perform follow-up inspections for corrected violations.
- Receives and responds to code violation complaints.
- Maintains records of inspection activity.
- Coordinate inspection functions with other City Departments and agencies.
- Perform rental occupancy inspections.
- Assist with HUD monitoring and CDBG regulatory compliance.
- Home Improvement Loan Program
- Perform inspections under the Home Improvement Loan Program (HILP).
- Estimate project repairs.
- Meet and work with contractors.
- First Time Homebuyer Program
- Property inspections.
- Assist with the mosquito control program.
- Issue summons for court.
- Provide public service referrals.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Vocational or technical training in building codes, zoning codes, property maintenance enforcement,
- building inspections, building trades or related area.
- Three years of general building construction or related experience.
- ICC Residential Inspector and Property Maintenance certification required within 6 months of hire date
- CDBG experience and knowledge of Fair Housing laws and environmental impacts preferred.
- Basic knowledge of residential construction industry including mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- A valid driver’s license required.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills,
How to Apply:
Online employment applications can be accessed on our City Website: www.stcharlescitymo.gov
The City of Saint Charles is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify