Job Opportunity | Secretary – Code Enforcement | Hazelwood, Mo
Position Title: Secretary – Code Enforcement
Department: Public Works
Reports to: Code Administrator/Building Official
Starting Salary: $37,386 ($17.97 an hour)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (1/2 hour break for lunch)
9 paid holidays off, paid sick leave, vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., etc.
TO APPLY: an application must be submitted. This can be found on our website www.hazelwoodmo.org. Scroll down and click on “jobs”, then click on “job listings”, on the right is “download application”, (Do not select “apply on line”). Please fill out the application and return by email at [email protected], reg. mail, or in person at the City of Hazelwood, Attn: HR, 415 Elm Grove Ln., Hazelwood, MO 63042.
Purpose of this positon: to perform clerical, secretarial, record keeping and customer service tasks.
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel, one (1) year general secretarial/clerical and customer service experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Schedules residential occupancy inspections and issues residential occupancy permits.
- Schedules and coordinates appointments for building permit inspections, courtesy inspections, commercial occupancy inspections, etc.
- Provides positive interaction with all visitors to the Public Works department and takes appropriate actions to help resolve issues or concerns. Takes phone and visitor messages for all personnel
- Stays current with Code Enforcement Officers, Code Administrator/Building Official and Public Works Director as to any changes and /or concerns with residential inspections/permits, courtesy infraction notices, court summons and building inspections and permits. Maintain a follow up folder, summons folder, AmerenUE notices of service and residential occupancy inspections that have expire, by issuing courtesy infraction notices to such.
- Prepares letter and/or memorandums, maintains cash drawer and cash receipt journal. Reconciles cash receipt jornal and monthly invoicing of large apartment complexes with the City for residential occupancy inspections and permits.
- Coordinates the building permit application process. Explains to contrators/residents the permit process and what paperwork is needed.
- Plus other duties as assigned