Job Opportunity | Plans Examiner | Creve Coeur, Mo
Salary Range: Min. $59,694 Max. $83,526 (Grade 11) – (Plans Examiner)
Min. $66,720 Max. $93,379 (Grade 12) – (Senior Plans Examiner)
Starting Salary: Determined on Qualifications (DOQ)
The City of Creve Coeur, Mo., seeks a Plans Examiner to review in accordance with the city’s adopted building and zoning ordinances, submitted construction documents, and plans for residential and commercial projects. The Plans Examiner meets with architects, engineers, contractors, residents, and staff to explain and resolve code issues to ensure safe and lawful construction in the City of Creve Coeur. The successful candidate has the potential to be classified as a Senior Plans Examiner based upon certifications relating to the position and past professional experiences as a Plans Examiner.
Creve Coeur is an affluent, diverse community in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area with a Charter/Home Rule/City Council/City Administrator form of government. The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary determined on qualifications with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a defined benefit retirement plan through Missouri LAGERS, with paid holidays, personal, vacation, and sick leave, a voluntary deferred compensation plan, employee assistance program, tuition assistance, and complimentary golf and ice skating.
Successful Candidate Qualifications:
- Associates degree in construction management, architectural drafting, construction trade or related field preferred.
- Two plus years of experience on construction plan review, building inspection, code enforcement, or architectural plan preparation and drafting.
- ICC Building Plans Examiner certification required or must be obtained within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining effective working relationships by effectively communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound decisions; thinks quickly and rationally; remains calm in difficult situations.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance to drive to different construction sites as needed.
- Ability to work at computer for several hours a day; able to walk, stoop, bend, push, pull, grab, and climb as needed.
- In a timely manner, conducts plan reviews in accordance with adopted building and zoning ordinances on submitted construction drawings and specification to ensure safe and lawful constructions within the City of Creve Coeur. Responsible for gathering all required information. Generates plan review letters to applicants. Will schedule and meet with responsible parties as needed.
- Assist the city’s building inspectors and code enforcement personnel to discuss and analyze code issues. Will be required to conduct field inspections, as needed and determine compliance with approved plans at inspectors’ requests to ensure smooth community development operations for the City of Creve Coeur.
- Will meet with architects, engineers, contractors, and residents to discuss proposed or projects in progress to resolve code compliance issues.
- Researches and analyzes existing city structures in relation to proposed renovations or expansions by compiling information from archives, owner’s plans, and field inspections
- Demonstrates a commitment to his/her public duty and presents oneself as a credible and knowledgeable representative of the city to maintain public trust by following the principals of “Our Commitments to Character-Driven Professionalism”; builds and maintains positive relationships while serving all internal and external customers using effective communication and teambuilding skills; seeks to actively listen and provides prompt assistance to others; equally treats others with dignity and respect; problem-solves; accepts responsibility for self and work product.
To Apply – Internal Candidates:
Submit a cover letter of interest and resume to Human Resources – Office of the City Administrator or email to [email protected]
To Apply – External Candidates:
Submit a cover letter of interest and resume to Human Resources, 300 N. New Ballas Road, Creve Coeur, MO 63141 or [email protected]. Submission review begins immediately and position will remain open until filled. For more information, visit www.crevecoeurmo.gov/jobs.
The City of Creve Coeur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.