Job Opportunity | Plans Examiner | City of St. Charles, Mo
Job Title: Plans Examiner
Department: Community Development
Posting Date: July 20, 2021
Closing Date: for Resumes/Applications Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $56,403.16 – $78,964.43
Comprehensive, Cost Effective Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Voluntary Vision, Life and Disability Insurance; FSA; SA; Retirement and Deferred Compensation programs; Paid Vacation; Paid Holidays; Employee Assistance Programs and Educational Benefits.
Exempt/Non-exempt: Non – Exempt
Status: Full Time
The City of Saint Charles Human Resources Department is currently recruiting for the position of Plans Examiner for the
Community Development Department. The purpose of this position is to review commercial and residential plans for
compliance with all applicable codes and city ordinances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other
duties may be required and assigned.
• Review commercial and residential plans for building codes, mechanical codes, electrical codes, plumbing codes,
structural integrity, architectural design, handicapped accessibility and related city ordinances.
• Informs and advises the general public, contractors, property owners, architects, engineers, developers and
others regarding building inspection activities, building permit requirements, violation correction procedures,
building standards, codes and zoning matters.
• Perform inspections of construction sites and existing structures for building, plumbing, mechanical, electrical,
zoning, structural integrity, architectural design, handicapped accessibility and related city ordinances.
• Assists the Board of Appeals with code related matters.
• Act as inspection and code enforcement liaison to other agencies.
• Coordinate inspection functions with other City Departments and agencies.
• Assist in maintaining and managing storage of records and construction documents as required by state law.
• Assist Building Commissioner in administering permitting functions.
• Assist Flood Plain Administrator
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
• Completion of vocational or technical training in building code, zoning code, residential plan review, commercial
plan review, building inspection, building trades or related area.
• Five years general building construction or related experience.
• I.C.C. Building Inspector, Residential and Building Plans Examiner certification required.
• Electrical, plumbing and mechanical plan review certifications from ICC preferred..
• A valid driver’s license required.
• Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
How to Apply
Online employment applications can be accessed on our City Website: www.stcharlescitymo.gov