Job Opportunity – Code Compliance Official | City of Republic
Job Title: Code Compliance Official
Opening Date: Thursday, September 28, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Regular, Hourly
Pay Range: Grade 4 – $15.73–$20.88/hour
To pursue sustained compliance with the City of Republic’s adopted Community Standards through the administration and execution of various methods and procedures for achieving compliance, including (but not limited to) investigative and enforcement-related activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and process reports of possible community standards violations.
- Investigating possible community standards violations in a manner consistent with the standard procedures and best practices for investigating potential criminal prosecution. This may include the collection of evidence through photography and the recording of verbal and written statements from witnesses and observers.
- Produce and maintain detailed reports and records pertaining to investigations and findings concerning possible violations.
- Maintaining appropriate records for individual cases in case files that can be remitted to the City Prosecutor or City Attorney for review and decision-making.
- Determining the appropriate course of action for evident violations in order to achieve sustained compliance with the City’s Community Standards.
- Issues deadlines for compliance, records, deadlines, and activities of abatement efforts, performs scheduled compliance inspections of properties.
- Providing both written and verbal official responses concerning the status of investigations.
- Administering enforcement of the adopted Community Standards of the City through the preparation and issuance of citations for violations.
- Coordination with the City Prosecutor or City Attorney concerning the prosecution of alleged violations of the City’s adopted Community Standards.
- Providing investigative and enforcement related assistance, on an as needed basis, for possible violations of other Municipal Code sections, which may include violations of the building codes, zoning codes, licensing regulations, etc.
- Effectively communicating and publicizing information pertaining to the City’s adopted Community Standards.
- Coordinating with neighborhood associations and other organizations concerning compliance with the City’s adopted Community Standards.
- Developing and maintaining accurate and detailed reports concerning compliance-related activity and progress, including the collection and analysis of data pertaining to variables relating to Community Standards compliance.
- Pursue the fulfillment of the City’s Vision statement, the accomplishment of the City’s Mission, and exemplify the City’s core Values.
- Operates a city vehicle, camera, dispatch radio, and other equipment issued by the department.
- Researches property ownership through available resources; city utility listings, county tax records, business licenses and permits, title searches, law enforcement records, etc.
- Corresponds with responsible parties, complainants and property owners via certified mail, telephone and in person. Posts properties or structures in violation with orders, abatement or enjoinment notices, and other legal notices regarding pending litigation.
- Represents the City in public hearings, meetings and legal actions involving violation status and compliance proceedings and activities.
- Deals effectively and courteously with fellow employees and the general public.
- Maintains appropriate supplies for assigned area.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, criminology, or related field. Directly related work experience can be substituted for higher education requirement.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in code compliance or related field preferred.
- Must possess a valid Missouri Driver’s License.
Applicant must successfully complete background investigation and pre-employment substance abuse testing and may be subject to random substance abuse testing.
Application and complete job description available at www.republicmo.com. Application must be completed and submitted to City Hall, 213 N. Main, Republic, MO 65738, by deadline.
Current city employees must complete application for consideration.