Job Opportunity | Code Compliance Inspector | Wentzville, MO
Code Compliance Inspector
Job Location Wentzville – Wentzville, MO
Position Type Full Time
Salary Range $22.65 – $23.95 Hourly
Job Shift Day
Job Category Code Enforcement
The City of Wentzville is seeking candidates interested in joining our Community Development team. Wentzville is one of the fastest-growing communities in the state. Come grow with us!
The Code Compliance Inspector’s typical duties include: enforcing city ordinances relating to property maintenance and appearance to establish and maintain an environment that promotes public safety, civic pride, and sustained property values. Incumbents in this position will conduct field inspections and investigations, including annual property inspections; They will notify residents to correct violations and give appropriate time to attain compliance before taking further action, verifying compliance with appropriate follow-up inspections and issuing a ticket if compliance is not met.
The City of Wentzville is committed to being an employer of choice, offering prosperous and meaningful career opportunities and flexibility. The City offers excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 13 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, an employee assistance program, a discounted recreation center membership and much more.
This job posting will remain open until filled.
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Associate or Technical degree is required.
- High school diploma, along with related professional experience, may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- ICC Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector Certification preferred, or the ability to obtain within twelve months of employment.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency in the use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Ability to assess structural damage following a fire to determine if it is significant enough to pose a life safety threat.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and systems to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently under direct supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with supervisors, co-workers and customers by telephone, in writing and in person.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty. Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable
APPLY HERE: Code Compliance Inspector application