Job Opportunity | CLERICAL SUPERVISOR II | St. Charles County
CLERICAL SUPERVISOR II
BUILDING AND CODE ENFORCEMENT- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Starting Salary: $42,426.91 per year
JOB DESCRIPTION: The purpose of this position is to supervise the daily operation of Division Government Service Representatives, provide administrative support to the Division Director and to assist the general public for the Building and Code Enforcement of Community Development. This position acts under the supervision of the Division Director of Building and Code Enforcement.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position which includes a full range of benefits including Paid Time Off,
Extended Medical Leave, Holidays, Employee Health, Dental, Life, Disability, Retirement, and Tuition
- Supervises frontline personnel including the review, instruction, and direction of assigned tasks and workload.
• Performs special assignments and generates specialized reports for the department.
• Coordinates daily department operations.
• Develops and keeps staff informed of new policies and procedures.
• Trains new employees on departmental procedures.
• Trains staff to improve efficiency and performance.
• Monitors status of incoming calls and manages routing for incoming call queue.
• Performs and maintains purchasing, ordering, and all other related financial related requests and transaction for the division in accordance with county policies and procedures.
• Performs payroll duties in absence of Administrative Assistant – Senior.
• Assigns, reviews, and provides direction and instruction on work to assigned personnel.
• Monitors and prepares correspondence for the division director and other staff.
• Processes abatements and liens.
• Manages renewals of all licensed contractors.
• Prepares and distributes record requests for release under the Sunshine Law.
• Works in the Emergency Operations Center during disasters as part of Emergency Support Function 17 (ESF-17).
• Serves as secretary to the Building Commission, schedules all meetings, and distributes information to the
• Serves as a liaison to the municipal court.
• Collects and distributes mail; make photocopies, prepares legal transmittals, obtained quotes and bids and faxes documents.
• Performs research duties on real estate records for new complaints to determine proper ownership and necessary data for proper distribution to inspectors.
• Processes and maintains building permits and related inspections.
• Processes complaints and maintains complaint files.
• Coordinates work on nuisance properties.
• Provides clerical and phone support to other divisions within the Community Development Department.
• Maintains and organizes data and files for the division.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
•Requires successful completion of computerized clerical skills testing with the following minimum scores:
• Editing = 80%
• Math = 80%
• Data Entry = 80 KSPM with 95% accuracy
• Please call Human Resources at 636-949-7320 to schedule clerical testing.
TO APPLY: All applications must be submitted only through our Self-Service Website at http://hr.sccmo.org/hr. We do not accept faxed, e-mailed, or print applications.
Applications will be accepted, and clerical testing conducted, through May 4 th, 2021
St. Charles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. St. Charles County is a drug and alcohol-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions.