Job Opportunity | BUILDING INSPECTOR II | Olivette MO
CITY OF OLIVETTE
BUILDING INSPECTOR II
Under the general direction of the Senior Building Official, the primary role for this position is to review, inspect, and enforce building and zoning regulations of commercial properties and to assist in all other reviews, inspections, and enforcements of the City’s land use and building regulations. Full job description available at www.olivettemo.com.
SALARY RANGE: $55,000 – $75,000
- Review, issue, and inspect various building and construction permits.
- Enforce and track complaints and violations as it relates to property maintenance.
- Utilize and manage permit managing software and track progress of projects.
- Other task as necessary to fulfill the duties of the position.
This is a highly responsible position with duties related to building, accessibility, zoning, construction, site improvements, erosion control, stormwater management, fire code compliance, health & safety, and property maintenance
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A high level of technical expertise in building and fire codes and code interpretation.
- Experience in plan review, field work, inspections and project management.
- Knowledge of current property maintenance codes, practices and methods.
- Knowledge of current building codes, practices and methods.
- Knowledge of current building construction principles and inspection methods.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and administer applicable building codes and also local, State and Federal laws and City of Olivette Municipal Codes, as appropriate.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing as well as the ability to use and operate basic office equipment and computer programs in order to maintain records and community both in and outside the organization.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Preferred two year associates degree in building construction technology, engineering, or related field.
- Possess ICC certification as a Building Plans Examiner, Commercial Building Inspector, and both Residential-Building Inspector and Plans Examiner.
- A minimum of 5-years related municipal inspections experience; equivalent construction trades experience may be considered supplementally.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position has office space on the ground floor of City Hall, fully accessible. However, the primary work environment is “in the field” on all types of terrain in all weather.
This is a very physical position, which requires a substantial amount of mobility in carrying out the essential duties of the position. Continual walking, climbing, lifting, stooping, and bending are required in the performance of duties related to inspections, both interior and exterior.
Must be able to access all locations/areas throughout the City, including inside houses, basements, crawl spaces, garages, roofs, etc. Must be able to climb and walk on all types of terrain, including grass, rock, mud, concrete, brush/weeds, trees, inclines, etc, and be able to tolerate all kinds of weather from rain to heat and cold temperatures. Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] or mail to City of Olivette Human Resources, 1140 Dielman Road, Olivette, MO 63132. Position is open until filled.
THE CITY OF OLIVETTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER