Job Opportunity – Building Commissioner | Webster Groves, MO
The City of Webster Groves is accepting applications for the Building Commissioner position. The Building Commissioner performs a variety of routine and complex administrative, legal and technical tasks in the administration and enforcement of new construction, property maintenance and nuisance regulations.
The primary responsibilities of the position are to ensure the general health, safety and welfare of the public within the City of Webster Groves through various codes and ordinances. Additionally, the position has responsibilities in the areas of Stormwater, Flood Plain Management and Historic Preservation.
The Building Commissioner:
- Provides direct supervision to plan reviewers, building inspectors, code enforcement officers, and permit technicians in the performance of their duties.
- Supervises the preparation and maintenance of records, plans, inspections, letters and reports prepared or used in connection with building inspections and plan reviews.
- Consults with city staff, applicants, owners, architects, engineers and other interested parties regarding City processes for project approval and completion.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited four (4) year college with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture Construction Technology or related field AND two (2) years of experience directly related to building code enforcement (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection).
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in construction filed with at least two (2) years directly related to building code enforcement (electrical, mechanic, plumbing, fire protection).
- The successful candidate must have at least two (2) years of supervisory experience in new construction, be certified as a Certified Building Official or be able to obtain certification within eighteen (18) months of employment.
Compensation and Benefits:
Expected hiring range is $73,000 plus, based on qualifications. Excellent benefits, including LAGERS pension program at L-12 level, tuition reimbursement and scholarship program through Webster University.
Detailed job description and employment application may be obtained:
City of Webster Groves, 4 E. Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves, MO 63119
Interested candidates must submit a City application. Resumes without a completed application will not be considered. Job application deadline is March 29, 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer