Building Inspector I – Full time
Thursday, June 10, 2021
Monday – Friday 37.50 hours per week
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Conducts inspections or residential and non-residential buildings, mobile homes, and on-site wastewater to ensure compliance with applicable codes, ordinances, plans and speciifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs field inspections to examine and evaluate the building, mechanical and plumbing work performed and material used; verifies quality of workmanship, quality of materials used, and compliance with plans, specifications, estimates and applicable codes and regulations. Identifies, documents and communicates deficiencies and deviations from the plans.
Provides customer service; answers questions and concerns; related to building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and safety codes, requirements, permits and procedures. Prepares and maintains a variety of departmental records, reports and documentation. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent; and five (5) years of construction related experience. Must have valid drivers license. Must possess one or more of the following International Code Council certifications for one (1) and two (2) family dwellings: Residential Building Inspector, Residential Mechanical Inspector, Residential Plumbing Inspector, or Residential Electrical Inspector, or have the ability to obtain certification within one (1) year of hire.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication both verbally and written. Operate a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software.
Desirable Training and Experience:
- Federal, state and local building, housing and safety codes and regulations.
- Methods and techniques of inspecting buildings, structures and facilities.
- Regulations and standards governing building inspection activities.
- Construction principles, practices, materials, and methods.
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Record keeping and file maintenance principles and procedures.
Eligible for generous benefit packages:
- Affordable health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Earned and accrued personal leave and catastrophic illness.
- Pension and Deferred Compensation plans; LAGERS, CERF and 457 Savings Plan.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Pre-employment background, physical and drug screens are required.
County of Franklin Building Department located at 400 East Locust Street, Suite 006; Union, MO 63084
Please apply online at www.franklinmo.org