Starting Salary: $48,544.16 per year
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position which includes a full range of benefits including Paid Time Off, Extended Medical Leave, Holidays, Employee health, dental, life, disability, retirement and tuition assistance programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The purpose of this position is to direct and perform plan review for code compliance, commercial occupancy inspections, one-stop meetings, estimate projects costs, establish permit fees and approves projects for permit issuance. The work is performed under the direction of the Division Director of Building and Code Enforcement.
- Assists the public in acquiring building permits. Answers building code questions by telephone, email, computer software, and in person.
- Reviews construction plans for residential and commercial building projects to determine compliance with ICC, NEC, FEMA and other applicable codes and state statutes.
- Provides information regarding code requirements for other County departments and the general public. Notifies permit applicants regarding needed changes for code compliance.
- Assists Division Director, Inspection Manager and Inspectors as needed regarding plan review matters.
- Conducts preliminary plan review meetings with developer, architects and engineers.
- Consults with architects, builders and developers regarding plan review process and offers appropriate plan changes to meet code requirements.
- Electronically reviews plans and specifications using Bluebeam for approval of building permits.
- Inputs plan review information into computer system using Citizenserve software.
- Calculates construction area to estimate project cost and establish permit fees.
- Analyzes project scope and establishes building inspections required for project.
- Maintains current knowledge of construction standards, applicable codes, plan review process and building permitting process using both paper and electronic plans.
- Establishes division review guidelines. Ensures compliance with guidelines.
- Participates in on-going training as needed. Attends training seminars.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology or related field preferred. Five years construction code enforcement and plan review experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Requires ICC Plans Examiner Certification, Building Plans Examiner, and Accessibility Plans Examiner certifications within the first two years of employment.
- Certification in FEMA IS – 100, IS – 200, IS – 700, and IS – 800 required within the first year of employment (obtained online).
- Employment will be contingent on successfully passing a full criminal background check.
TO APPLY: All applications must be submitted only through our Self-Service Website at http://hr.sccmo.org/hr. We do not accept faxed, e-mailed or print applications. For your convenience, if needed, terminals are available on site at the HR Dept., 201 N. Second St., Room 522, St. Charles, MO 63301 Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
*To assure consideration, applications must be received by May 12th, 2019. *
St. Charles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. St. Charles County is a drug and alcohol-free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions.