Wood deck construction/Residential Fireblocking | University City | November 16th, 2018
Residential Deck Design & Construction:
Plan reviewers, field inspectors, permit techs, and contractors attending this course will receive a wide spectrum of information needed to determine minimum requirements for deck construction. Participants will have the opportunity to review new and old code sections, as well as partake in practical application scenarios. This course will be of interest to architects, design professionals, contractors, code enforcers and plan reviewers. Content covered in this course includes, but is not limited to:
- Basic questions to ask with the deck application.
- The mechanics of wood used in deck construction.
- How to size joists, beams, posts, and concrete piers.
- Proper specification and use of fasteners.
- Reviewing construction documents and plot plans for permitting process…
½ Day Fireblocking & Draftstopping 2018 IRC
Fireblocking & Draftstopping:
In light wood frame construction, one of the most important and misunderstood elements of construction is fireblocking and draftstoping. Installed to retard the migration of fire from concealed vertical spaces to concealed horizontal spaces, fireblocking serves as the primary method of preventing the rapid spread of fire in areas not easily viewed. Course material will explain the code’s requirements and provide numerous illustrations of properly and improperly installed fireblocking.
Instructor: Russel Thornberg
Who should attend: (per day)
- Permit Technicians (CEU’s—.6)
- Building Inspectors (CEU’s—.6)
- Plans Examiners (CEU’s—.6)
- Code Officials (CEU’s—.6)
Where / When:
Heman Park Community Center
975 Pennsylvania Ave.
University City, Mo. 63130
Sign-in / Breakfast: 8:30 am
Seminar: 9 am-4 pm
Seminar Fee single day: MABOI Members: $80