Job Opportunity | Inspection Manager | St. Charles County MO
BUILDING AND CODE ENFORCEMENT DIVISON
Starting Salary: $59,847.93 per year
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position which includes a full range of benefits including Paid Time Off, Extended Medical Leave, Holidays, Employee health, dental, life, disability, retirement and tuition assistance programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The purpose of this position is to manage, oversee and coordinate Building Code Enforcement operations, building inspection, plan review; and provide technical assistance to the public. The work is performed under the direction of the Division Director-Building Code Enforcement.
- Oversees daily operations and manages administration, plan review and building inspection.
- Inspects residential, commercial and industrial building projects for code compliance.
- Investigates complaints regarding property maintenance and code enforcement issues.
- Performs plan reviews as needed.
- Inspects demolition sites for code requirements and technical calculation for approval/disapproval.
- Supervise inspectors. Manages daily scheduling and routing of building inspectors.
- Researches and advises the public and staff regarding code requirements. Provides technical assistance to the public and staff.
- Handles difficult and sensitive citizen and property owner complaints.
- Directs and oversees employee training program. Evaluates employee performance.
- Communicates with Plan Review Engineers regarding code related matters.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable codes, statutes and ordinances regarding building safety, code enforcement, licensing, and inspection; budget development and administration principles; and personnel supervision principles.
- Acts as field supervisor for disaster response activities.
- Dispatches and supervises emergency response activities (such as building fires) on weekends and afterhours (occasionally includes phone calls during the night).
- Performs division director duties in the absence of the division director.
- Works closely with other departments.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Five years building inspection and code enforcement with two years supervisory experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- A valid motor vehicle operator’s license required.
- Must be certified, or obtain within one year of employment, certification as a Combination Residential Inspector, Building Plans Examiner, and Building Official from the International Code Council (ICC).
- FEMA certifications IS-100.c, IS-200.b, IS – 700.b, IS – 775, and IS-800.c are required to be obtained the first 6 months of employment.
- Employment will be contingent on successfully passing a full criminal background check.
TO APPLY: All applications must be submitted only through our Self-Service Website at http://hr.sccmo.org/hr. We do not accept faxed, e-mailed or print applications. For your convenience, if needed, terminals are available on site at the HR Dept., 201 N. Second St., Room 522, St. Charles, MO 63301 Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
*To assure consideration, applications must be received by November 5th, 2019. *
St. Charles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. St. Charles County is a drug and alcohol-free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions.