GOVERNMENT SERVICE REPRSENTATIVE II
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
BUILDING AND CODE ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
Starting Salary: $31,641.49 per year
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position which includes a full
range of benefits including Paid Time Off, Extended Medical Leave, Holidays,
Employee health, dental, life, disability, retirement and tuition assistance
JOB DESCRIPTION: The purpose of this
position is to provide general clerical support to the department, including
entering data into the computer. This position acts under the supervision of
the Administrative Assistant or other appropriate supervisor. Assists the
general public with questions, in person and on the telephone, regarding issues
- The necessity of building permits
- Building permit applications
- Basic code questions / property maintenance issues
- Requests for status of permits and complaints
- Other information regarding services rendered by the
Community Development Department
- Performs research on real estate records for new complaints
to determine proper ownership and necessary data for investigation of complaints.
- Opens code enforcement complaint files and assists in
preparation and mailing of code enforcement correspondence.
- Verifies that locations of proposed building permits are in
unincorporated areas of St. Charles County or with a contracted jurisdiction or
directs to appropriate agency.
- Determines when to transfer inquiries to other staff.
- Collects fees and issues receipts for all the Community
- Enters relevant data into building and code enforcement
software and assures that all applicable reviews by various divisions and
Departments within the County are completed and entered, then notifies customer
of completion of permit review and fees.
- Schedules appropriate inspections and verifies eligibility
- Forwards data to property owners and builders.
- Prepares reports and files pertaining to inspections, and
the licensing of contractors.
- Prepares routine correspondence for department staff as
- Maintains and files all necessary paperwork including
reviewing for accuracy and completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Revises departmental documentation as directed.
- Assists in obtaining historic data as requested by the
customer or other agencies.
- Scans historic data for digital archive purposes.
REQUIREMENTS: High school education or equivalent with some additional clerical training and one to two years’ experience in the clerical field or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered. Knowledge of basic record keeping procedures and equipment. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel. Requires knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment. Working skill in customer relations and service.
Requires successful completion of
computerized clerical skills testing with a minimum Data Entry score of 4800
KSPH and minimum score of 80% in Math. * Please
call 636-949-7320 to schedule testing.
TO APPLY: All applications must be submitted only
through our Self-Service Website at http://hr.sccmo.org/hr. We do not
accept faxed, e-mailed or print applications. For your convenience, if needed,
terminals are available on site at the HR Dept., 201 N. Second St., Room 522,
St. Charles, MO 63301 Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
*To assure consideration, applications must be received,
and clerical testing completed by, February 24, 2019. *
St. Charles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both
prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the
employer. St. Charles County is a drug
and alcohol free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all