Job Opportunity – CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER/SEWER LATERAL COORDINATOR | Olivette, Missouri
CITY OF OLIVETTE JOB OPENING
CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER/SEWER LATERAL COORDINATOR
Under the general direction of the Directors of Planning and Community Development and Public Works, this position involves enforcing the City’s property maintenance codes, rights-of-way permitting, and assisting in the administration of the City’s Sewer Lateral Program. The position involves a high degree of customer service and interaction with the general public.
- Assist the Director of Public Works in the administration of the City’s Sewer Lateral Program.
- Assist the Building Division in the review, issuance, and inspection of right-of-way related permits.
- Investigate violations of, and pursuing compliance with, the various sections of the City’s Municipal Code as they pertain to property maintenance.
Submit application, resume and cover letter to Denise Mandle, City of Olivette Human Resources Department, 1140 Dielman Road, Olivette, MO 63132 or via e-mail at [email protected]. The deadline to apply is August 9, 2019 at 2pm. Applications may be obtained at www.olivettemo.com or by contacting Human Resources at [email protected].
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The successful applicant must have, at minimum:
- an Associate’s degree or equivalent (trade school) with training in property maintenance and inspection or law enforcement and two years’ experience as a code compliance or building inspector; or
- four years journey-level experience in general construction, home inspection, fire service, or related fields with a strong understanding of applicable codes; or
- any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in meeting and dealing with the public in a variety of situations.
- Ability to handle conflict in a professional manner.
- Ability to issue citations and appear in court as needed.
- Ability to handle time-sensitive constraints.
- ICC Property Maintenance certification is required within six (6) months of hire.
- Considerable initiative, independent judgement, and professional communication skills are necessary for this position.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, strong customer service skills, and computer proficiency.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to access all locations/areas throughout the City, must be able to climb and walk on all types of terrain in variable weather conditions. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. and carry up to 20 lbs.