Job Opportunity – Part-Time Code Enforcement Officer | City of O’Fallon, MO
Part-Time Code Enforcement Officer
The City of O’Fallon, MO is looking to hire a Part Time Code Enforcement Officer. Are you ready to further your career in code enforcement and looking for the perfect Missouri community to work for? Our part-time Code Enforcement Officer earns a competitive salary from $20.95 / hr to $29.56 / hr. Your first year you can expect to make a starting salary of $20.95 an hour. Is this the opportunity for you? Read on!
ABOUT THE CITY OF O’FALLON
In 2014, O’Fallon, Missouri again celebrated receiving Money magazine’s recognition as one of the nation’s “100 Best Places to Live.” How we got there from our incorporation of 600 residents in 1912 is an extensive tale of entrepreneurship. By the mid-1990s, we began an aggressive program of citywide infrastructure improvements that supported phenomenal residential, retail, and manufacturing growth, resulting in a 25% increase in the number of available jobs. At the same time, a tourism industry based on our fascinating historic past began to flourish. In 2006, we were ranked as a “Best Places to Live” for the first time. Today, our borders have expanded to about 30 square miles and our population is nearly 83,000.
A true melding of history and progress, the same railroad line that started our city is still in operation. Our love for our city extends to those that serve us. Our employees enjoy a family-friendly workplace, competitive pay, and opportunities to grow professionally.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS PART TIME CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
As a Part Time Code Enforcement Officer with the City of O’Fallon, you do an excellent job of conducting onsite inspections of all properties to ensure compliance with city ordinances and property maintenance standards. During the course of our inspections, you make it a priority to identify and address any public nuisance violations. You will also be able to inspect existing structures for health, life and safety standards. When a resident contacts City Hall for information on codes and ordinances; you will be the one to address their questions to ensure compliance. During your work, you may come across vacant residencies and businesses; in which you would need to secure those buildings and work with proper agencies to. You continually strive to maintain good relationships with staff, contractors and the general public as well as regulating authorities. You take your responsibility to the citizens of O’Fallon seriously, resolving customer complaints and concerns and ensuring that safety standards implemented and provided.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A PART TIME CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Missouri for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Possession of the International Code Council (ICC) certification for Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector (preferred but not required).
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/ internship or having had a similar position for one to two years (preferred but not required).
- Knowledge and level of competency related to Microsoft office programs, database entry and mobile devices.
- Ability to obtain Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) clearance through local jurisdiction.
Are your communication skills excellent, both written and verbal? Do you remain calm under pressure? Are you confidently able to analyze problems and implement solutions? If so, you just might be the perfect fit as a Part Time Code Enforcement Officer.
This is a part-time non-exempt position, with scheduled hours typically being between 8 and 5 pm weekdays; with weekend work occasionally being necessary. This position will average approximately 1,000 within the calendar year.
Candidates can access our online application by clicking on the following link: https://ofallon.applicantpro.com/jobs/
The City of O’Fallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify