Job Opportunity – GOVERNMENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II | St. Charles County, MO
GOVERNMENT SERVICE REPRSENTATIVE II
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
BUILDING AND CODE ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
Starting Salary: $31,641.49 per year
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position which includes a full range of benefits including Paid Time Off, Extended Medical Leave, Holidays, Employee health, dental, life, disability, retirement and tuition assistance programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The purpose of this position is to provide general clerical support to the department, including entering data into the computer. This position acts under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant or other appropriate supervisor. Assists the general public with questions, in person and on the telephone, regarding issues such as:
- The necessity of building permits
- Building permit applications
- Inspection scheduling
- Contractor licensing
- Basic code questions / property maintenance issues
- Citizen complaints
- Requests for status of permits and complaints
- Other information regarding services rendered by the Community Development Department
- Performs research on real estate records for new complaints to determine proper ownership and necessary data for investigation of complaints.
- Opens code enforcement complaint files and assists in preparation and mailing of code enforcement correspondence.
- Verifies that locations of proposed building permits are in unincorporated areas of St. Charles County or with a contracted jurisdiction or directs to appropriate agency.
- Determines when to transfer inquiries to other staff.
- Collects fees and issues receipts for all the Community Development Department.
- Enters relevant data into building and code enforcement software and assures that all applicable reviews by various divisions and Departments within the County are completed and entered, then notifies customer of completion of permit review and fees.
- Schedules appropriate inspections and verifies eligibility for same.
- Forwards data to property owners and builders.
- Prepares reports and files pertaining to inspections, and the licensing of contractors.
- Prepares routine correspondence for department staff as needed.
- Maintains and files all necessary paperwork including reviewing for accuracy and completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Revises departmental documentation as directed.
- Assists in obtaining historic data as requested by the customer or other agencies.
- Scans historic data for digital archive purposes.
REQUIREMENTS: High school education or equivalent with some additional clerical training and one to two years’ experience in the clerical field or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered. Knowledge of basic record keeping procedures and equipment. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel. Requires knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment. Working skill in customer relations and service.
Requires successful completion of computerized clerical skills testing with a minimum Data Entry score of 4800 KSPH and minimum score of 80% in Math. * Please call 636-949-7320 to schedule testing.
TO APPLY: All applications must be submitted only through our Self-Service Website at http://hr.sccmo.org/hr. We do not accept faxed, e-mailed or print applications. For your convenience, if needed, terminals are available on site at the HR Dept., 201 N. Second St., Room 522, St. Charles, MO 63301 Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
*To assure consideration, applications must be received, and clerical testing completed by, February 24, 2019. *
St. Charles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. St. Charles County is a drug and alcohol free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions.