EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position is one of the first points of contact between the Community Development Department and the citizens of O’Fallon. It requires extensive field work inspecting properties to determine compliance with city codes and regulations and communicating with property owners, residents and businesses.
Starting salary range: $16 to $17.95 (33,280 to 37,342 annually)
plus a generous benefits package including paid time off and defined pension through IMRF
Duties include (but are not limited to): performing property maintenance inspections on primarily residential properties, documenting inspection results, investigating nuisance complaints, following up on citizen complaints, and establishing compliance plans, requires daily site inspections, extensive interaction with the public, report writing, preparing for and testifying in court; other duties for the benefit of the Community Development Department.
- Associates degree or equivalent (trade school) with training in property maintenance and inspection or law enforcement;
- Two years of related work experience in the construction industry, home inspection industry, fire service, or law enforcement; or
- Other equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- ICC Property Maintenance Certification is required within one (1) year of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in meeting and dealing with the public in a variety of situations;
- Ability to handle conflict in a professional manner;
- Ability to issue citations and appear in court as needed;
- Ability to handle time-sensitive constraints;
- Valid driver’s license in good standing as required by the City’s insurance program;
- Grasping, lifting, reaching, walking on rough terrain, sitting, standing, running, crouching, frequent bending and repetitive tasks;
- Ability to pick-up, lift, and carry objects up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis;
- Qualities such as competence, independence, self-sufficiency, & dependability;
- Proficient with computer software, word processing & spreadsheet/database management applications (i.e. Microsoft applications), as well as general office equipment and various inspection equipment;
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude; demonstrate a commitment to City goals and values, and to exhibit a positive overall customer service-oriented manner and a willingness to work together in a team environment;
- Regular & predictable attendance.
In addition to completing the application in full, please upload a CURRENT RESUME and COVER LETTER. Also, be sure to complete the Supplemental Questions.
For a complete description and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/ofallonil/jobs/2061220/code-enforcement-officer?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs