CITY OF OLIVETTE
BUILDING INSPECTOR II
SALARY RANGE: $50,577 – $62,848
JOB SUMMARY: This position supervises the Building Division staff and also reviews plans, recommends policies and procedures, oversees the review and issuance of permits and tracks complaints and violations related to property maintenance. The Building Inspector II position reports to the Director of Planning and Community Development. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, position with benefits including vacation, holidays, health, dental, life, long-term disability, pension and tuition assistance programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in building construction technology, engineering, or related field preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in Plan Review and International Codes.
- Minimum of five (5) year’s experience, with at least three in municipal plan review, field work, inspections and project management preferred.
- ICC Certifications as Commercial Building Inspector and Plan Examiner.
- A valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/GENERAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to access all locations/areas throughout the City, must be able to climb and walk on all types of terrain, and be able to tolerate all kinds of weather. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry up to 30 lbs.
TO APPLY: Applications are available on the City of Olivette website www.olivettemo.com (Career section), at Olivette City Hall, 1140 Dielman Road, Olivette, MO 63132 between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, or by contacting the Human Resources Office at [email protected] or 314-983-5231.
Applications submitted without a resume and cover letter will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 2, 2018 at 4:30 PM.
THE CITY OF OLIVETTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER