The City of Webster Groves is accepting applications for a full-time building inspector. Under the direction of the building commissioner, the primary responsibilities are to ensure the general health, safety and welfare of the public within the City through various codes and ordinances. Conducts field inspections, conducts research to ensure that the proper code section is cited in determining a violation, issues notices of violation or stop work orders as needed, and prepares evidence files for use by the prosecuting attorney. Enters inspection results and other information as needed in City’s permit tracking system. Consults with contractors, owners, architects, engineers and other interested parties regarding construction codes.
- Graduation from a two (2) year college with a Degree in Building Inspection and Code Enforcement Technology or similar degree OR
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the construction field with at least two (2) years being directly related to building code enforcement (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection).
- The successful candidate must be certified as a Residential Combination Inspector or be able to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of employment.
Starting salary range is $47,858 – $60,000 annually, with excellent benefits. Strong preference for experienced municipal building inspector with current residential combination inspector certification, with compensation at or near $60,000.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Send Application to: Employment application is required. Resume will not be considered without a completed application.
- APPLICATIONS: available online at webstergroves.org, or City Hall address below.
- EMAIL: [email protected]
- FAX: (314) 963-3398
- MAIL: City of Webster Groves
4 East Lockwood Ave.
Webster Groves, MO 63119