Building Inspector II
Community Development Department
Pay Range: Min. $50,433/year. Midpoint. $63,041/year.
This is an hourly, full-time, 40 hour per week position which includes a full range of benefits including paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, employee health, dental, life, vision, disability, and retirement.
This position is responsible for reviewing plans and coordinating and conducting inspections of residential and commercial properties.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews residential and commercial structural, site, fire suppression and sprinkler, electrical, construction, mechanical, plumbing, and photometric plans for compliance with International Building Codes and standards and local ordinances.
- Reviews project specific building specification manuals prepared by professional engineers for compliance with International Building Codes and standards and local ordinances.
- Inspects commercial and residential buildings during construction to ensure compliance with building, electrical, fire suppression, mechanical, and plumbing codes.
- Reviews permit requests for building additions, accessory buildings, and roofing, siding, and electrical upgrades.
- Interacts with contractors, engineers, architects, business owners, and homeowners in person or by telephone regarding construction and inspection issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and other codes and ordinances as adopted. Skill in reading plans, blueprints, and maps. Skill in oral and written communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years related experience
- ICC Certifications or ability to attain within 6 months preferred
Acceptable Substitutions or Minimums for Education and Experience:
Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter to City of Lake Saint Louis Human Resources, 200 Civic Center Drive, Lake Saint Louis, Missouri 63367. For questions, please contact George Ertle at [email protected] No phone calls please. To assure consideration, application materials must be received by 5:00 pm Friday, December 15, 2017.
The City of Lake Saint Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The City of Lake Saint Louis is a drug and alcohol free work place.
A pre-employment drug screen and physical is required for all positions. Pay Grade 17