2015 International Existing Building Code Overview | Instructor: Steve Thomas | Friday, August 11, 2017 | City of Cape Girardeau
Seminar: 2015 International Existing Building Code Overviews
ICC CEU 0.6
Contact Hours 6
Duration 1 Day
Objectives: Upon completion, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize the limitations and extent of the codes related to existing buildings.
- Recognize the classifications of work associated with existing buildings.
- Identify fire protection systems that need to be upgraded.
- Recognize vertical openings that need partial or complete enclosure.
- Identify unsafe interior finishes that need to be replaced.
- Determine adequate means of egress.
- Identify needed accessibility improvements.
- Identify improvements to structural systems.
- Describe the compliance alternative tabular method of evaluating existing buildings.
Description: This seminar will introduce critical concepts of the 2015 International Existing Building Code® (IEBC®).
It will provide a basis for the correct use and application of the code.
It will build an understanding of the intent of the code through detailing basic tables, categorizations and a case study.