Code Enforcement Manager – Department of County Services and Code Enforcement – Jefferson County, MO
- Minimum: $46,177
- Maximum: $76,193
- Normal entry salary is $46,177
Jefferson County is seeking a Code Enforcement Manager (Building Official). Our County is growing and has lots of potential for the right candidate to experience growth and to guide building development within the County.
An individual applying for this position should have a combination of education and practical work experience.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Civil Engineering, Construction Technology, Business or related field.
- Must have five years’ experience in a position that provides supervision of administrative staff and planning staff; budget preparation; working with civic groups; and engage in public speaking, administering public grants.
- Must have or be able to obtain appropriate International Code Council certifications as determined by the County Services Director within one (1) year of employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possess solid understanding of building construction and inspection requirements.
- Have ability to analyze and determine practices or actions that identify and address problems that confront this department.
- Have ability to take actions to implement policies adopted by the County Services Director, County Executive, and County Council.
- Possess interview skills to fill vacant positions.
- Have ability to work with diverse groups to improve public awareness and to achieve cooperative objectives.
- Have ability to make public presentations.
- Demonstrate clear communication skills, both oral and written.
- Be able to evaluate expressed proposals and needs and assist in the development of long range plans which will provide the necessary guidance for the division.
- Have ability to prepare and administer a budget.
- Have ability to evaluate and adjust the operation of the division and its personnel.
- Ability to manage and lead a clerical, technical and professional staff.
- Ensure compliance with codes including the Building Codes, On-site Sewage Treatment Code, and Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance
Please complete an application and submit to the Human Resource Department by close of business day on May 3, 2017. Information must be included on the application even if a resume is attached, and the application must be completed in entirety in order to be considered for employment. Applications are available on our website at www.jeffcomo.org or in the Human Resource Department at 729 Maple Street, Hillsboro, MO 63050