Building Inspector –Part Time
Community Development Department
Starting Pay: $21.70/hour
This is a part-time position, averaging 20 hours per week. Work schedule has some
flexibility, but will generally be between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday
through Friday. Position does not include full benefits, however does include some paid
time off and sick leave.
This position is responsible primarily for conducting structural, mechanical, electrical and
plumbing inspections of new residential construction.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Inspect building projects during all phases of construction to ensure compliance
with applicable codes and ordinances.
- Respond to inquiries and complaints from contractors and the general public
regarding construction and inspection issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years building inspection experience.
- ICC Certification as a Residential Inspector.
- Possession of a valid Missouri driver’s license.
Acceptable Substitutions or Minimums for Education and Experience:
Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements
may be substituted.
TO APPLY: Please submit application to City of Lake Saint Louis Human Resources,
200 Civic Center Drive, Lake Saint Louis, Missouri 63367 or via email to
[email protected] Position is open until filled. Application review will begin on
Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
The City of Lake Saint Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The City of Lake Saint Louis is a drug and alcohol free work place.
A pre-employment drug screen and physical is required for all positions. Posted 01/20/17 Pay Grade 16