Job Title CDBG Code Enforcement Officer
Department Community Development
Posting Date January 4, 2017
Closing Date for Resumes/Applications January 13, 2017
Salary Range $49,172.76 – $68,841.86
Status Full Time
The City of Saint Charles Community Development Department is currently recruiting for the position of
CDBG Code Enforcement Officer. The purpose of this position is to inspect residential property for
compliance with building codes, property maintenance codes, zoning codes and city ordinances. The
focus of this position is in the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) low – moderate income
target areas and includes other programs benefiting low –moderate income households such as
properties eligible for the Home Improvement Program, Homeownership Assistance Program, and the
Neighborhood Stabilization Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or allinclusive.
Other duties may be required and assigned.
Work performed on CDBG eligible properties
• Perform rental inspections and building inspections on new structures and existing structures for
ADA requirements, zoning codes, ICC property maintenance codes, ICC building codes and city
• Inform and advise the general public, contractors, property owners, architects, engineers, developers
and others regarding inspection activities, rental requirements, violation correction procedures,
building standards, codes and zoning matters.
• Verify and document code violations.
• Notify builders, contractors, home owners, and tenants of code violations.
• Perform follow-up inspections for corrected violations.
• Receives and responds to code violation complaints.
• Maintains records of inspection activity.
• Coordinate inspection functions with other City Departments and agencies.
• Rental Inspections.
Home Improvement Loan Program
• Perform inspections under the Home Improvement Loan Program (HILP).
• Handle bidding process.
• Estimate project repairs.
• Meet and work with contractors.
First Time Homebuyer Program
• Property inspections.
• Assist with the mosquito control program.
• Issue summons for court.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
• Vocational or technical training in building codes, zoning codes, property maintenance enforcement,
building inspections, building trades or related area.
• Three years general building construction or related experience.
• ICC Residential Inspector and Property Maintenance certification required within 6 months of hire
• CDBG experience preferred.
• A valid driver’s license required.
• Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and
Interested applicants should submit an application/resume to: The City of Saint Charles Human Resources
Department, Suite 301, 200 North Second Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301. Hours of operation are Monday
through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Employment applications can also be downloaded from the City’s
website and faxed to Human Resources at 636-940-4606, mailed or e-mailed to:
[email protected]. Website address for the employment application is:
The City of Saint Charles is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify