The Monarch Fire Protection District covers a geographic area of almost 63 square miles in West St. Louis County and services more than 72,000 people that live in all of (or part of) Ballwin, Chesterfield, Clarkson Valley, Creve Coeur, Maryland Heights, Wildwood and parts of unincorporated St. Louis County. The area is made up of residential, commercial and industrial properties to include St. Luke’s Hospital campus, Spirit of St. Louis Airport, Chesterfield Valley Shopping Center, Chesterfield Mall, Monsanto Research campus and numerous subdivisions and business/industrial complexes.
The District operates 5 Engine Houses, a Maintenance Center, an Administration Facility and a Training Tower and has a staff that is made up of more than 120 Firefighter/Paramedics, Fire Prevention Specialists, Officers and Administrative Personnel. Furthermore, Monarch supports the SOAR (Special Operations Aviation Rescue) Team, Monarch Haz-Mat Team, the St. Louis Regional Heavy Rescue Task Force, Urban Search and Rescue Team, as well as assisting the Homeland Security Department with the Strike Force 3 Urban Search and Heavy Rescue vehicle.
The Monarch FPD is currently searching for a Fire Inspector.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
Under the supervision of the Fire Marshal, enforces fire and building regulations, ordinances, codes, and applicable laws to ensure compliance and consistency. Plan review, and inspections of all aspects of commercial construction and occupancies, including but not limited to building construction and renovation, fire protection systems, operations, processes and the storage, handling or use of hazardous materials or devices. Approves fire district occupancy permits. Performs inspections of existing buildings for fire and life-safety hazards.
Interacts and communicates with design professionals, contractors, business owners, and public officials regarding fire prevention and other district-related issues. Provides fire and life-safety information and assistance to businesses, occupants, contractors, and the general public as necessary. Responds to complaints by residents, employees of businesses, and other citizens regarding possible hazards and/or violations of district ordinances.
Conducts investigations into causes of fires and fire protection system failures.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of experience in code enforcement, commercial construction inspections and plan review
• Experience researching and applying current ICC and NFPA codes and standards
• Certified Fire Investigator (IFSAC, NBFSPQ or IAAI) within 1 year of employment depending on class availability
• Certified Fire Inspector (IFSAC, NBFSPQ or NFPA) within 1 year of employment depending on class availability
• Certified Commercial Plans Examiner or Certified Building Official (ICC) highly desired
• Ability to lift, climb ladders and scaffolding, and navigate through all areas of construction sites and fire scenes
• Ability to work odd hours as needed
• Valid Driver’s License
Monarch Fire Protection District offers a competitive benefits package.
Please send resume AND salary expectations on or before Friday, October 30, 2015 to [email protected] or to address below.
Attention: Human Resources Director
13725 Olive Blvd.
Chesterfield, MO 63017
The Monarch Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer